If you are having problems running Crown and Cutlass, we will happily try our best to help you. However, please understand that this is not a commercial product; we develop this project in our spare time simply for the enjoyment of working on it.
Initial troubleshooting steps:
- Look at the log file located in the same directory as the executable. A warning or error may help find problems such as missing or corrupt files.
- If you are attempting to use VBOs, try disabling VBOs. Many cards still have buggy VBO support and attempting to use them may cause problems.
- Make sure you are running the latest drivers for your video card. While it is unlikely that a problem would be the fault of the drivers instead of our code, it may save lots of trouble if you take steps to completely prevent driver trouble. This is especially important if you are attempting to use VBOs.
- Download the latest version of Crown and Cutlass. We try to fix bugs in each release, so the latest version works the best. Also, we don't really want to spend much time troubleshooting previous versions.
To get support:
- Tracker Support Request for submitting support requests
- Help - Compiling Forum for trouble compiling Crown and Cutlass
- Help - Troubleshooting Forum for trouble running Crown and Cutlass
Please be sure to include what version you have downloaded, your system specs (especially your video card type, amount of VRAM, and driver version), what you were doing when the problem occurs, as well as any error messages from the log file. Without this information, we will be unable to help you diagnose the problem.
If you would like to assist us in testing a wider range of video cards, please donate to the project! We need money to buy additional cards to test Crown and Cutlass with, as currently all of us use NVidia cards.